A recent article by travel writer Maureen Jenkins highlighted some great travel-themed resolutions worthy of seasoned and unseasoned travelers. I’m personally inspired by “start a travel-specific savings account” and “say you’re not a “tour” or “cruise” person? Give one a shot.”
Here’s her top eight:
- Take off on your own — even if you’re traveling with a group.
- Don’t let the lack of a foreign language keep you at home.
- Say you’re not a “tour” or “cruise” person? Give one a shot.
- Don’t be ashamed to fall back on what’s familiar.
- Vow not to leave vacation days on the table.
- Start a travel-specific savings account.
- Do at least ONE thing that scares you while you’re on the road.
- Don’t let other people’s fears keep you from going.
Happy New Year! What’s your travel resolution for 2013?